In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:39:43 -0400, "Lu, Steve" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> said:

SLu> Hi,
SLu>
SLu> I try to migrate my app from BSAFE to Openssl.
SLu> But found RC2 to be incompatible in the following sense:
SLu>
SLu> I created two encryptString functions, one using BSAFE Crypto-C
SLu> and the other using Openssl EVP_Cipher routines.
SLu> I pass them both the same passphrase and salt.
SLu> I set the effective key length to be 80 bits for both.
SLu> I use EVP_Bytestokey for generating the key and iv in Openssl.
SLu>
SLu> Theoretically, the encrypted output for the same texts should
SLu> be the same for both.... but they are not!!

Can you tell us what differs?  Is it the last few bytes?  I'm not an
expert, and I haven't dived into the RC2 code, but I'm willing to try
if I have exact information to go from.

openssl-dev is not the right list for this kind of question.

--
Richard Levitte   \ Tunnlandsvägen 3  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  \ S-168 36  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.