From: Mark Radford
Sent: Wednesday, 20 August 2003 9:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: openssl is not recognized as an internal or external command

Thanks steve,

If you've done a standard Windows build you'd have various DLLs and

executables in the out32dll directory. They should be copied somewhere on your

PATH.

copy out32dll\libeay32.dll c:\windows\system

copy out32dll\ssleay32.dll c:\windows\system

md c:\openssl

md c:\openssl\bin

md c:\openssl\lib

md c:\openssl\include

md c:\openssl\include\openssl

copy /b inc32\openssl\*  c:\openssl\include\openssl

copy /b out32dll\ssleay32.lib c:\openssl\lib

copy /b out32dll\libeay32.lib c:\openssl\lib

copy /b out32dll\ssleay32.dll c:\openssl\bin

copy /b out32dll\libeay32.dll c:\openssl\bin

copy /b out32dll\openssl.exe  c:\openssl\bin

Now while still in the DOS prompt I cd back to c:\ and from here I enter:

OPENSSL_CONF=c:/openssl/openssl.cnf

I get the error message that OPENSSL_CONF is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have tried the online documents at http://www.openssl.org/docs/ but I cant find a solution. Any ideas?

To answer the next problem in advance, you also need to copy openssl.cnf

somewhere and point he OPENSSL_CONF environment variable at it or the CA.pl

commands wont work. See FAQ and manual pages for more info.