Hi,

This is really directed at the OpenSSL development but
I didn't want to intrude on the core group's work at
this time.

I've encountered a problem with "openssl rsautl" in
that I need to use the sign function and submit the
passphrase from another application. On Unix I could
use an 'expect' but even that would be rather dirty. I
could decrypt the private key to disk and use it but
this has security implications.

This has been raised before on this forum but I've not
found a satisfactory answer.

As a rusty C programmer I've had a look at the rsa.c
code in \apps - couldn't the "app_passwd(bio_err,
passargin, passargout, &passin, &passout)"
functionality be added to rsautl and 'passin' handed
to load_key()?

As I said, I'm rusty so I may have overlooked obvious
problems with this.

I look forward to your responses.

Regards
Andrew Stickland