Hello,

some time ago I posted a question to this list about how to generate a certificate request, knowing only the public key. One of the answers I got is generate a request "manually" from its fields, then hack the openssl utilities so they don't check the signature on the request.

The new function asn1parse -genconf in 0.9.8dev seems to address the issue of "manual generation", and the question arises: how should the config file look, for asn1parse -genconf to generate a certificate request? I've already succeeded in generating a valid (i.e. acceptable by openssl utilities) RSA public key in DER format with asn1parse -genconf, but this one seems a little trickier.

Regards,

Vladimir Slepnev
Programmer, IVK Systems
Moscow, Russia