On Tue, Dec 09, 2003, SANS wrote:

> Thanks Steve, for your reply.
> the email body which i am trying to sign, is infact
> created by OE only ! Here's how it is working right
> now :
> . OE creates the email & sends to GNU/Anubis
> . Thru anubis, I get the entire email into my bash
> script
> . The bash script signs the body, and sends the entire
> email back to anubis
> . anubis then sends the email to sendmail which in
> turn send it to the end recipient.
>
> Problem is : when the end recipient opens the email in
> OE, he gets the message that the email has been
> "tampered with".
>
> I'm totally clueless on this.

Well the only problem I'm aware of is blank lines. I've just redone some
simple tests with OE. If you have a message that looks like this...

----boundary--<CRLF>

it will become

----boundary--<CRLF><CRLF>
----signature boundary<CRLF>
<signature>

Which OE can verify fine. If however the message is:

----boundary--<CRLF><CRLF>

(which may happen during mailing) it becomes:

----boundary--<CRLF><CRLF><CRLF>
----signature boundary<CRLF>
<signature>

which OE doesn't like. I suggest you check the line ending and format of the
body you are trying to sign and the signed output and see what the result is.
You can also compare them with an OE signed message.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.