Take a look at the "scp" program also which is another program that uses the SSH protocol.

Some other ideas are "rsync" over SSH, or you could use "curl" which will support HTTPS.

If the files don't change much, or if you need to sync up entire directories, rsync is the way to go.

FTP/SSL is a different protocol and not that common.