On Mar 28, 2004, at 11:12 AM, Joseph Bruni wrote:

I feel your pain. I too have tried looking through various headers and source files to find the definitions of things. To my dismay, I've found that the openssl group makes heavy use of C preprocessor macros for the definition of various functions and whatnot, which makes finding routine definitions damn near impossible. It may be that the functions you are looking for are macro-defined at cpp time.

Oh, yes, the memories of porting OpenSSL to Mac OS 9...

For finding symbols, it's hard to match the brute force of global search in a good text editor.

"The C Preprocessor is Evil." -- Bjarne Stroustrup

It's much easier to spot this when you're using C++. :-)

Josh

--
Joshua Juran
Metamage Software Creations - Mac Software and Consulting

* Creation at the highest state of the art *