Hi,

I try to figure out openssls handling of keys with negative exponent (to be exact, the exponent of 1024 bit key seems to be missing the first byte.) It also seems that openssl is then automatically adding this null-byte as there are no negative exponents...and my codec is not. Am I right with this guess?

The problem is that my ocspresponder takes the rawkey of a certificate for hashing and comparing to the keyhash of an ocsprequest.
Somehow openssl calculates another keyhash than me if the key is like I described above.
Can anybode help me in this case a little?

Thnx in advance,

Lutz Feldgen

--
PGP-Key available at