rajesh nair wrote:

I saw all the cipher names but i want to know the default cipher suit supported by openssl lib.
if i write a program using openssl , with out using SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list() function what will bw the default cipher set ?
(that is i am not choosing a cipher suit from the list )

If I didn't misunderstand, It will try to negotiate strongest possible cipher suite. e.g. If I dont use SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list() in both the server and the client it choses AES-256. But It depends on your build configuration. e.g. If you choose to turn off AES then I think it will choose some other cipher suite. But as Richard said you can make cipher of your choice defualt cipher by using SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list().

Amar