Hi,

I've successfully linked with the OpenSSL libraries (+ DAVLib) on the
Macintosh to produce an app which calls web services on an SSL enabled
server. I am running into problems when hitting the secure server via MS
Proxy.

I use the "CONNECT xxx.xxx.xxx:443" syntax to establish an SSL tunnel and
all is well. The SSL handshake looks good (from the tcp trace) but the
OpenSSL libraries then have problems parsing the certificate which is sent
from the server. The trace shows me that the certificate is transmitted and
looks, for the most part, identical to the non-proxy direct connection which
works.

When stepping through the code it's actually failing when comparing the
version of SSL which is being used in s3_pkt.c and returning
SSL_R_WRONG_VERSION_NUMBER. I suspect that the offset into the certificate
is wrong for some reason.

If this rings a bell with anyone I'd be interested in your experiences.

Thanks,

Richard Holliday