In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Mon, 03 May 2004 14:45:10 +0000, Carlos Cabaņero
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

charlychango> I've asked a friend. If you're using Linux (and as you
charlychango> said you were using Apache I think so) you have to do
charlychango> the following:
charlychango>
charlychango>   iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp \
charlychango>           -d 10.1.7.1 --dport 80 -j DNAT \
charlychango>           --to 10.1.7.1:443
charlychango>
charlychango> Replace eth1 with the network interface where apache's
charlychango> serving and 10.1.7.1 with your server's public IP. And
charlychango> about your other question, I have no idea, but sure that
charlychango> other one can help you.

*GNNNNNNNNN*

NO.  Do NOT do that, please.  Browser who access port 80 will
expecting cleartext HTTP, not HTTP through a SSL tunnel.  Doing the
above change will just throw off any browser that uses an http: URL to
access your server (i.e. they will get an error message at best and
giberish at worst, and I guarantee that the http server will spew
error lines).

The redirection from port 80 to port 443 needs to be controled by the
http server software.

charlychango> >From: "lavin p" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
charlychango> >Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
charlychango> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
charlychango> >Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 17:15:14 +0530
charlychango> >
charlychango> >hello everybody,
charlychango> >
charlychango> >im lavin.i'm working in nokia india pvt ltd.i need your help ... coz
i'm
charlychango> >new to this project NSAS . i need to know ,when an http request to port
80
charlychango> >comes howz it redirecting to https ie 443 port??? n after this i need
charlychango> >know,if i'm adding a new module to apache server ,i've written the
complete
charlychango> >module and done with all the module structure n all those stuff and
made
charlychango> >the xyz_mod.so file .... now i want to know how to call this module
from
charlychango> >apache when a request comes. i mean how is the hooking taking place...
charlychango> >please help me
charlychango> >
charlychango> >if you are not the right person and if you know somone who knows all
these
charlychango> >stuff please forward this mail to tht person and ask to help me....
charlychango> >
charlychango> >thanking you
charlychango> >p lavin
charlychango> >
charlychango> >mail me at
charlychango> >
charlychango> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----

Richard Levitte   \ Tunnlandsvägen 52 \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  \ S-168 36  BROMMA  \ T: +46-708-26 53 44
                    \      SWEDEN       \
Procurator Odiosus Ex Infernis                -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Member of the OpenSSL development team: http://www.openssl.org/

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.