Janet Pytlik wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know what the following error messages mean and/or how I can find out more about what they mean? I am obtaining these error strings via the ERR_get_error and ERR_error_string functions but I can't seem to find any documentation anywhere to further explain how to resolve these errors.

error:0407106B:rsa routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_2:block type is not 02"

Well this error simply means that the stuff decrypted by RSA_private_decrypt is not pkcs1 bt02 (in pkcs1 words EME-PKCS1-V1_5-ENCODE) encoded (have a look at the pkcs1 standard).

followed by on subsequent attempts:

"error:04065072:lib(4):func(101):reason(114)"

which means: "RSA_EAY_PRIVATE_DECRYPT:padding check failed"

Cheers,
Nils