On April 26, 2004 06:11 pm, Andrew Marlow wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >I've written a C++ Socket wrapper library based upon the Berkeley Socket
> >Interface.  It also optionally supports SSL through the use of OpenSSL.
> >Linux (Unix possibly) only currently supported.  A Win32 port will be
> >forthcoming. Documentation is included.
> >
> >I am requesting comments on any aspect of the library that might go
> >towards
> >improving it.
>
> There are lots of socket classes around, what's the motivation for this
> one?

It's in the documentation  :-)

In part I wanted something easy to use, lightweight which didn't require users
to jump through odd hoops to use.  A number of socket library require you to
re-implement the class to handle data reception - this is an ugly solution,
IMHO, so I have written something else.

I looked up the ACE library just now.  Before doing this development, I
searched online for such libraries didn't come across ACE until you mentioned
it by name.  I took a look at it, but from my _brief_ look at the sample
tutorials available it seems to require class reimplementation and callback
to get stuff to work.

Look forward to your comments.

-       Garrett Kajmowicz