-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dr. Stephen Henson
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 3:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: How to avoid Console/user inputs prompts.

On Fri, May 28, 2004, Jaleel P.A wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to SSL. When I try to generate CA/User certificate using openSSL,
> was asked for too many inputs.
>
> For CA:
>     openssl req  -new -x509 -keyout ./1/ca.pem -out ./2/ca.pem  -days 100
>
> For User Certificate :
>    openssl req  -new -keyout abc.pem -out abc.pem -days 100
>
> when I execute these, I was asked for the following inputs :
>
>      Enter PEM pass phrase:
>      Verifying - Enter PEM pass phrase:
>      Country Name (2 letter code):
>      State or Province Name (full name):
>      Locality Name (eg, city):
>      Organization Name (eg, company):
>      Organizational Unit Name (eg, section):
>      Common Name (eg, YOUR name):
>      Email Address:
>      A challenge password []:
>      An optional company name []:
>      Enter pass phrase for ./1/ca.pem:
>
> Is it possible to avoid all these inputs by sending appropriate command
line
> arguments. If so, please give an example
>
> Please let me know is there is any other approach for this.

Check out the template mode of req in the req manual page. This allows you
specify all the inputs to req using a config file. Its also possible to use
environment variable substiturion within a config file to allow arguments to
be specified in the environment.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.