I've inherited and system and an application that I can't quite get to work.  I've got
Redhat Linux 7.3 on Intel w/ OpenSSL 0.9.7 half-installed (so it seems).  When I type
"openssl", I get:

  openssl: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.7: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

And, indeed, the so seems to be missing but I've looked for an RPM and can't find one
that works.  I found one on my system and one on the web but

   rpm -force -i therpm

completes very quickly and appears to accomplish nothing.  If I add --percent, get
"100%" twice and still nothing seems to have happened.

Is there an authoritative source for a Linux RPM for OpenSSL?  A pointer would be
appreciated.  Thanks.