There is also the possibility to use the getpeername() function
    on a connected socket.
    Here are some pieces of code:

    struct sockaddr_in addr;
    int address_size;

    address_size = sizeof(addr);

    if(getpeername(sd, &addr, &address_size) != -1)
    {
        addr.sin_addr.s_addr = ntohl(addr.sin_addr.s_addr);
        fprintf(stdout, "\nConnected from client %s on source port %u\n\n",
inet_ntoa(addr.sin_addr), ntohs(addr.sin_port));
        fflush(stdout);
    }

    Regards

    Anders