Hi

I am working with OpenSSL extensions; I need convert the extension (X509_EXTENSION) to
char (both key, and value).
No problem converting the key part :-).

But:
Why OpenSSL do something like this to covert to BIO, FILE, etc?

if(method->it)
ext_str = ASN1_item_d2i(NULL, &data, extension->value->length,
                                         ASN1_ITEM_ptr(method->it));
else
{
        if(!(ext_str = method->d2i(NULL, &data, extension->value->length)))
        {
                                //detect error
        }
}

What is different between ASN1_item_d2i and method->d2i?
What extensions are converted with ASN1_item_d2i and what are converted with
method->d2i?

Thanks

Estacion Experimental de Pastos y Forrajes Indio Hatuey
VI Taller Internacional Los Arboles y Arbustos en la Ganaderia.
8 al 12 de noviembre del 2004.
Para mayor informacion / For more information
http://www.umcc.cu/VITallerSilvopastoril/