Hello,

Perhaps I do not understand the concept, but I need to create a cert with a DN containing some custom fields:

/C=US/ST=California/L=San Diego/O=San Diego Supercomputer Center/OU=Quartz/CN=compute-0-0/RocksMembership=NAS Appliance/RocksAddress=198.202.74.254

I need one of the following abilities:

1. A CN field that allows more than 64 characters. If I try to "piggyback" the new fields on the CN, I see:

problems making Certificate Request
12489:error:0D07A097:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_mbstring_copy:string too long:a_mbstr.c:154:maxsize=64

2. A way to define new OIDs. I have searched the docs and web, but when I add this to my cfg file:

[ oid_section ]
RocksMembership=1.2.3.4
RocksAddess=69.69.1.3

I see:
Subject Attribute RocksMembership has no known NID, skipped
Subject Attribute RocksAddress has no known NID, skipped
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
MIIBxzCCATACAQAwgYYxCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMRMwEQYDVQQIEwpDYWxpZm9ybmlh
MRIwEAYDVQQHEwlTYW4gRGllZ28xJzAlBgNVBAoTHlNhbiBEaWVnbyBTdXBlcmNv

I cannot find how to define new NIDs. Recompiling openssl is not an option, so I may be out of luck. I hope there is something I am missing.

Federico

Rocks Cluster Group, San Diego Supercomputer Center, CA