It's solved (finally...)
Apparently to test openssl s_server / s_client
connection, I have to specify option -ssl3 in both the
server and the client, otherwise (if it's only
specified at the server site), it will throw you wrong
version number error.

The TLS issue with PAM_LDAP + OPENLDAP is solved as
well, I need to apply /dev/random patch for solaris
8...I guess that's why it failed to connect using
SSLv3.

Thanks for your help, Richard. I installed ssldump in
solaris, it really helps me in figuring things out !

cheers,
lara

--- Richard Koenning
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Lara Adianto wrote:
> >
> > What's the correct libraries for openssl ?
> > Is this okay:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] local]# ldd /usr/bin/openssl
> >         libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x4001b000)
> >         libc.so.6 => /lib/i686/libc.so.6
> (0x4001f000)
> >         /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2
> > (0x40000000)
> >
> > no libcrypto and libssl ?
>
> The ldd ouput on an linux box here with an old linux
> version looks
> alike. I tried to build openssl on this machine with
> shared libraries,
> but this wasn't successful. On a box with a newer
> linux version ldd
> shows libcrypto and libssl and there are shared libs
> libssl.so.0 and
> libcrypto.so.0.
> So your ldd output seems to be ok for openssl build
> with static libs.
> Ciao,
> Richard
> --
> Dr. Richard W. Könning
> Fujitsu Siemens Computers GmbH

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Automated List Manager
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
La vie, voyez-vous, ca n'est jamais si bon ni si mauvais qu'on croit
                                                                        - Guy de
Maupassant -