Hi,

I am compiling openssl and it cannot find /usr/local/lib where I have put the libssl and libcrypto libraries. It works ok when compiled statically. I verified that -L/usr/local/lib is in the gcc command that creates openssl. I have a build file with:

CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib"
CFLAG="$LDFLAGS"

./config shared \
        --prefix=/usr/local/ \
        -L/usr/local/lib \
        --openssldir=/usr/local/etc \
        --install_prefix=/sfw/install/openssl/0.9.7d && \
        make -j3

Note, debian does not have this problem so I think it is a Redhat issue. Options I think I have are:

1. use static versions of openssl
2. use ldconfig to have my systems look in /usr/local/lib

Since I will be using this on 6000 systems, I would like to get it working right if possible. If not, I can just run ldconfig on each system (a pain).

Thanks for your help.

cheers,

ski

--
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
  connected to the entire universe"                John Muir

Chris "Ski" Kacoroski, [EMAIL PROTECTED], 425-489-6263