Fra: Marco Roeland [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] vegne af Marco Roeland
Sendt: 3. september 2004 11:16
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Hellan.Kim KHE
Emne: Re: Signed PKCS#7 without a certificate included ?

On Friday September 3rd 2004 Hellan.Kim KHE wrote:

> I'm trying to make a signed and encrypted PKCS#7 message with a
> footprint as small as possible. So my (probably dumb) question is: Is
> it possible not to include signers certificate in the PKCS#7 ? The
> PKCS7_Sign() function does not seem to allow it.

PKCS7 *PKCS7_sign(X509 *signcert, EVP_PKEY *pkey, STACK_OF(X509) *certs,
                        BIO *data, int flags);

Use PKCS7_NOCERTS in the 'flags' argument.

> When the receiver wants to verify the signature, he then of course has
> to supply signers certificate himself somehow, in order to perform the
> verification.

Yes.
--
Marco Roeland

www.kmd.dk   www.kundenet.kmd.dk   www.eboks.dk   www.civitas.dk   www.netborger.dk

Hvis du har modtaget denne mail ved en fejl vil jeg gerne, at du informerer mig og
sletter den.
KMD skaber it-services, der fremmer effektivitet hos det offentlige, erhvervslivet og
borgerne.

If you received this e-mail by mistake, please notify me and delete it. Thank you.
Our mission is to enhance the efficiency of the public sector and improve its service
of the general public.