Will somebody tell me how to add an OID and corresponding verification routine to
OpenSSL version 0.9.7c to verify a SHA-256 signature.  Currently I am trapping the
X509_V_ERR_CERT_SIGNATURE_FAILURE and X509_V_ERR_CRL_SIGNATURE_FAILURE errors in my
verify callback routine, comparing the OID in the algorithm->data section to the OID
for SHA256WithRSA (1.2.840.113549.1.1.11), if it matches, computing the SHA256 hash
myself and comparing it to the passed signature data using RSA_verify().  This works
fine, but I know there has to be more subtle way to add the OID and hash function to
OpenSSL, I just can not find any complete example or write-up anywhere.  I keep
finding tidbits about adding OIDs and other parts, but am not seeing how the parts all
go together.