On Tue, Nov 09, 2004, ray v wrote:

> I think the the reason why I can get the new OIDs to
> work is that I'm using the -config my.cnf when making
> the request myself. This would indicate as you've
> already said, I've got my OIDs in the wrong place.
>
> The question where can my new OIDs be place and what
> makes putting my OIDs in a different place other then
> the CA_default section?

As summarized in the conf(5) manual page you do this...

Add an entry to the default section (start of file before any other
sections) containing something like:

openssl_conf=config_section

Add new sections like this:

[config_section]
oid_section=new_oids

[oid_section]

some_oid = 1.2.3.4.1
some_other_oid = 1.2.3.4.2

but obviously using appropriate OID values.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.