Greetings:

Any idea what causes this error - other than the obvious, a bug?

This was the result of this sequence

configure
make
make test
(as root)
make install

[...]
making install in crypto/comp...
making install in crypto/ocsp...
making install in crypto/ui...
making install in crypto/krb5...
installing fips...
making install in fips/sha1...
sh: syntax error at line 2: `;' unexpected
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'
Current working directory
/home/ghicks/incoming/mixmaster/openssl-0.9.7e/fips/sha1
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'
Current working directory /home/ghicks/incoming/mixmaster/openssl-0.9.7e/fips
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install_sw'

System is running Solaris 8 w/fairly recent patches on an ultra-30.  Older
versions of ssl are NOT installed...

Any idea where to look to find this error?

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin