Hi all....

I am using a SOAP toolkit called gSOAP which supports OpenSSL. While my application works fine on
Linux and FreeBSD, it fails on Windows. The failure comes from a line that says

if (!SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file(soap->ctx, soap->keyfile))
return soap_set_receiver_error(soap, "SSL error", "Can't read certificate key file", SOAP_SSL_ERROR);

Unfortunately the author of gSOAP is returning his own error string as you can see above.
I looked at the definition of SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file() and there are several conditions that
would fail this call. Can anyone provide any first aids to narrow this down...

One question ... can I use a PEM file generated on a Unix box for a windows apps?
Since I was not sure if the content would be different, I generated a server.pem file with openssl.exe as

c:\temp\ca> openssl genrsa -des3 -out privkey.pem 1024
c:\temp\ca> openssl req -new -x509 -key privkey.pem -out cacert.pem -days 1095 -config someOpenssl.cnf
c:\temp\ca> type privkey.pem > server.pem
c:\temp\ca> type cacert.pem >> server.pem

NOTE: the "-config someOpenssl.cnf" was actually copied from my Linux box....would that be a problem.
I did that since my windows box does not have openssl installed on it

Thanks