I'm having trouble with Comodo/InstantSSL.  I think they are not
signing certs properly.

  Using openssl, I've created an SSL key and CSR for doing SSL on my
mail server by doing the following:

# openssl req -new -nodes -keyout mail.suso.org-key.pem -out
mail.suso.org-req.pem -days 365
Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
.............++++++
....................................................................................++++++
writing new private key to 'mail.suso.org-key.pem'
-----
You are about to be asked to enter information that will be incorporated
into your certificate request.
What you are about to enter is what is called a Distinguished Name or a
DN.
There are quite a few fields but you can leave some blank
For some fields there will be a default value,
If you enter '.', the field will be left blank.
-----
Country Name (2 letter code) [GB]:US
State or Province Name (full name) [Berkshire]:Indiana
Locality Name (eg, city) [Newbury]:Bloomington
Organization Name (eg, company) [My Company Ltd]:Suso Technology Services, Inc.
Organizational Unit Name (eg, section) []:suso.org
Common Name (eg, your name or your server's hostname) []:mail.suso.org
Email Address []:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please enter the following 'extra' attributes
to be sent with your certificate request
A challenge password []:
An optional company name []:
# openssl req -in mail.suso.org-req.pem -subject
subject=/C=US/ST=Indiana/L=Bloomington/O=Suso Technology Services,
Inc./OU=suso.org/CN=mail.suso.org/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----

[SNIPPED FROM THIS EMAIL]

-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----

  Then I sent the CSR from the mail.suso.org-req.pem file to Comodo to
get signed by a recognized CA.  When I get the signed cert back, the
subject of the cert is not the same as what it is in the CSR I sent
them.  In fact, it is the information that they have in their own
database for my account.  Which right now is for a different company
because last time I created a cert this same thing happened.

 After explaining to them the situation and that they should be
using the info from the CSR to sign certs, they claimed that they
understood what I was talking about and that if I emailed them (instead
of using their web form)  the CSR again with the correct information,
that they would generate a new certificate with the subject from the
CSR.

  So, after checking the subject in the CSR cert,  I sent them the same
CSR that I sent them through the web form.  Within an hour I got a new
certificate with the same problem as before, it had the subject that was
not from the CSR, but from their own database.

  So now I'm wanting to double check myself.  Are CAs supposed to be
using the CSRs for the subject in the cert that you get back?  What do
you all think about this situation?

--
Suso Banderas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]