On Thu, Dec 09, 2004, Thorsten Müller wrote:

> Dr. Stephen Henson wrote:
>

> >The second option, which I implemented, is to cache the original encoding
> >and
> >use the cached form to verify signatures. This makes signature verification
> >much quicker since no reordering is necessary.
> >
> >This still requires lock when the revoked entries are sorted but they will
> >stay
> >sorted: therefore no reordering is necessary after the first lookup.
> >
> >There is a minor disadvantage to this method: if you call X509_CRL_print()
> >before a CRL entry search it will represent the original order whereas
> >calling
> >it afterwards will print out in serial number order. There are ways to fix
> >that too but it would require some incompatible changes and will have to be
> >in 0.9.8.
>
> I have a problem which i think belongs to that. I want to update an
> existing CRL (adding a new serial numer, update nextUpdate, lastUpdate)
> and export the new CRL in PEM format using PEM_write_bio_X509_CRL(). Up
> to version 0.9.7d everything worked fine, with 0.9.7e the output is the
> old CRL without any updates. Is this a bug, or what should i do to get
> the new CRL.

You need to mark the stored encoding as invalid if you want to do that. You
can do that with:

crl->crl->enc.modified = 1;

As long as you do that before signing the CRL it should then work.

I'll add something that does it automatically before signing a CRL for 0.9.7f.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.