Hi,

I am writing some authentication software that will run in a embedded
environment, and thus requires ECC as primary public key algorithm.

This way, I would like to know if it is possible to generate an x509
certificate whose public key is an ECC key using OpenSSL command line.

Does x509 support any kind of public key? If so, do I need extensions? Where
I can find x509 BNF definitions (free is better :-)?

Thank you,
Roberto Gallo