At 12:02 PM 1/10/2005 -0800, Serge writeth:
>hi,
>
>I'm trying to compile with static libs using msvc 6.0
>but unsuccessfully, is there a workspace (dsw) file or
>makefile for msvc 6.0 to produce the ssl lib? so I can
>link to my application without the need of a dll.

http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

Win32 OpenSSL is a default build of OpenSSL.  The idea behind the project
is that you link against the .lib files with your code and then tell your
users to get OpenSSL and merely point them at the Win32 OpenSSL project.
You don't distribute OpenSSL with your application as a result and don't
need to be worried about making sure your users have updates.  The fact
that the Win32 OpenSSL project installs DLLs should not make a difference
to you as long as your application works once it is installed.

Thomas J. Hruska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Shining Light Productions
Home of the Nuclear Vision scripting language and ProtoNova web server.
http://www.slproweb.com/