On 2005.01.13 at 13:55:37 +0100, Dr. Stephen Henson wrote:
> It doesn't. You can do that of course but the preferred technique is the same
> as every other environment: create a private key on the microsoft box, sign a
> request with it, send request to the CA and install the resulting certificate.
>
> For MSIE you can use Xenroll for that.

Do someone have some example cgi-scripts for minimal CA, which he can share
with others?

Old SSLeay FAQ mentions msie-enroll.tar, but all URL I've found for it
are invalid now.

I think that problem of creating minimal certificate authority for
limited number of clients is common enough, and most people wouldn't
like no install big and complicated products such as OpenCA or pyCA to
do the job, which openssl ca command would do just fine.

Only thing is to have proper interface with various browsers users use
to access CA.

BTW, it is not clear for me how to create DSA certificates from xenroll.
(really I oo need GOST94 certificates, not DSA)