Hi all,

I'm writing a little code snippet to just check the validity of a
certificate ( and the entire chain preferably ). Whilst using the
example code it's easy enough to make the connection and setup a session
but being a newbie I'm not clear on what/how I should verify the certs.

So far.
        SSL_get_peer_cert_chain(ssl);
        server_cert = SSL_get_peer_certificate (ssl);
        CHK_NULL(server_cert);
        cert_name = X509_NAME_oneline (X509_get_subject_name
(server_cert),0,0);
        CHK_NULL(cert_name);
        cert_issuer = X509_NAME_oneline (X509_get_issuer_name
(server_cert),0,0);
        CHK_NULL(cert_issuer);

 ->  Needs verification here.

Searching google shows plenty on how to use "openssl -verify" which
doesn't really help.

While I start to dig further into the openssl code and try to pull out
bits from the '-verifiy' functionality does anybody have any simple code
for cert verification ?

Cheers.