Hello all,

I was having a play with Eric Rescorla's programs implementing simple
openssl client/server comms; the ones from his "An Introduction to
OpenSSL Programming" articles.

He supplies some self-signed certificates for testing along with the
source accompanying the articles. Now, I compile his software with
openssl version 0.9.7e and the function

SSL_get_verify_result (ssl)

throws the error 19, which translates to:

X509_V_ERR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT_IN_CHAIN

I presume openssl now defaults to refusing to deal with self-signed
certificates due to the well known problems associated with them.

Is there a function I can call that will allow self-signed certificates
in my program for the purposes of testing?

regards,

Seb

--
Sebastian James - Embedded Systems.
Hypercube Systems Ltd 'Embedded Linux Solutions'