Thanks for your answer,

Can SLLeavy format be encoded in DER and PEM form ?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] la part de Dr. Stephen Henson
Envoyé : vendredi 11 février 2005 14:44
À : openssl-users@openssl.org
Objet : Re: key format

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005, Janin-Magnificat Thomas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying  to create a little program that can load certificates and keys
> in a database with openssl api. But I'm not clear with keys files format.
> Correct me if I'm wrong :
>
>  - PKCS#8 format is an encrypted format that contains private and public
>  key.
>
>  - PKCS#1 is a format for RSA key pair. It can be encoded in DER form and
>  PEM form. What kind of  format is it used to store only RSA public key in
>  DER and PEM encoding ?
>
> Openssl documentation said that DSA key can be store in DER and PEM encoded.
> What is that format ? And is it possible to store only public key DSa in DER
> and PEm encoded ? What is that format ?
>
> OpenSSL documentation talks about SSLEavy format, what is it ?

The preferred format for DER and PEM public keys is that used by the functions
with PUBKEY in their names. Those use the SubjectPublicKeyInfo form as used in
certificates.

SSLeay format is the format used by the ancient functions with PublicKey in
their names. RSA uses a PKCS#1 RSAPublicKey structure whereas all the others
use non-standard forms.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.