From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Peter
Sent:   Thu 3/3/2005 5:08 PM
To:     openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject:        Re: cant start httpd with ssl
Alright, I remember monkeying around with this a lot before it worked.
You should definitely thoroughly read the apache docs and read through
the ssl.conf files that come with the install.  You need to compile
apache with SSL, and assuming thats done, you need to start it with "-D
SSL".  As far as I can tell from skimming the httpd.conf file, the SSL
virtual host is never loaded up.  I mean ssl.conf isn't even mentioned.
  Check out the base ssl.conf setup with the base configuration files in
order to see how the virtual host should be specified.  There's so many
different options that, unless this is your sole job, its better to use
exactly the conf files and then add a couple lines at a time until its
what you want.

Someone with more apache experience might be able to lend more help but
at the moment I would just keep going at it armed with the
documentation and the base configuration files.

                        - Peter
On Mar 3, 2005, at 10:44 AM, Plantier, Spencer wrote:

> Here is my httpd. conf
>

> Thanks,
>

> Spencer

<<winmail.dat>>