I am faced with a scenario where after a successful
handshake with the server on a nonblocking socket, the
server starts to send multiple records (packets) to
the client and closes the socket.

The SSL_read( ) api successfully reads the first
record by looping till SSL_Pending( ) returns
remaining bytes. After which, the subsequent SSL_read
returns a -1 error which I retrieve through
SSL_get_error.

While debugging, I find out that in memory the
variable s->s3->rbuf.buf has only loaded the first
record data. Hence I am able to only read the first
record.

I understand from the definition of SSL_read that if
no more bytes are in the buffer, SSL_read() will
trigger the processing of the next record
automatically. This doesn't seem to be happening.

Should I block the server after sending each record ?
and how can I do that if that is the solution ?
Thanks.