Hello SSLites,
I would like to know a better approach/alternative for one of my requirements.

I was auditing performance of an application that uses cryptographic
primitives from OpenSSL. As we know, some of primitive functions (e.g.
key generation etc.) require a source of randomness (mostly PRNG). As
we also know, to get the precise execution timings of applications we
need to minimize interrupts, context-switches, et.al.

Now the problem is: PRNG needs enough entropy and it is generally
gathered from mouse movements et.al. Having PRNG wait for enough
entroy and at the same time not troubling the system to get
near-precise execution time are conflicting. What are your opinions?

--
Best Regards,
Vishwas.