Bonjour,

Hodie IV Kal. Apr. MMV est, Calista scripsit:
> Is there a function in OpenSSL to retrieve the CRL?

No, AFAIK. Depending on the retrieval method (ldap, http, ftp, X.500,
...), you have to write your own handler.

> If not, can anyone explain how to do this?

wget will work for http and ftp, possibly https. curl will work for
ftp, http, https, I don't know for ldap.

> My
> application has a list of CA certificates, initially
> I have the CRLs too but depending on "next update"
> date the application has to get it.

Don't rely on the 'next update' field. It's an 'at last' date. A CA
usually create CRLs that are valid for several days, and update them
on a daily basis. For each CA you have, specify somewhere in your
application the retrieval period, and make sure the period is no
longer than the validity period of the CRL (don't less the 'next
update' happen to be today).

--
Erwann ABALEA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>