In addition to RAND_screen(), you can use:
 RAND_event(...,...,...);
but you must know that use of both functions is highly discouraged, in other words they should be your last resort.

Egon Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Bibbs, Christopher wrote:
>>From: Michael D'Errico
>>
>>You can try using RAND_poll() instead. It tries
>>several things to gather random data. I believe
>>that this is called automatically for you anyway.
>

> If it is, it is failing because I'm getting failure to seed the PRNG errors
> on my test systems that don't have /dev/random.

I use the following on Windows:
if(RAND_status() == 0) RAND_screen();

But I've never experienced on WinXP that RAND_status was 0.
(I can't tell if that is also the case on other Win versions, so
therefor I use this construction.)

The rand seeding seems to be so common a question that it seems strange
that it is not better addressed in the faq.

Best regards
Egon Andersen