On Apr 10, 2005, at 21:18, Michael D'Errico wrote:

I'm trying to generate a more or less random key.

I was trying to do something similar, but then I found the EVP_SealInit family of functions which generate a random key and init vector for you. Maybe you have different needs, but I thought I would at least make you aware of it.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't have access to openssl under the current scenario, so I'm trying to use the few cryptographic functions I have instead :)

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay
http://alt.textdrive.com/