i do not see why not since you have to listen for a socket connection at some point with common code
like the following ..

sock = socket(PF_LOCAL,SOCK_STREAM,0);
// or you can ..... sock = socket(PF_UNIX, SOCK_STREAM,0);
memset(&sin,0,sizeof(sin));
sin.sin_addr.s_addr=INADDR_ANY;
sin.sin_family=AF_INET;
sin.sin_port=htons(PORT);
setsockopt(sock,SOL_SOCKET,SO_REUSEADDR,&val,sizeof(val));
if(bind(sock,(struct sockaddr *)&sin,sizeof(sin))<0)
berr_exit("Couldn't bind");
listen(sock,5);

David Brock wrote:

I'm fairly new to openSSL so forgive me if this is a silly question. Is it possible to create a Unix Domain Socket and then attach it to a BIO (using BIO_set_fd)? I have tried to do it (for a server), but I keep getting a failure when I call BIO_do_accept(). Is there something I am missing, or can I only use AF_INET sockets with BIOs?

Thanks in advance!

             -David-