Hello,

I'm trying to compile OpenSSL 0.9.7f under Windows 2000 (using Cygwin) but I
don't know if I get all the files after the compilation process. For
example, I don't have libeay32.dll nor ssleay32.dll.

To setup the compilation environment I've downloaded Cygwin setup, installed
it with base + perl + gcc + make. After entering a bash shell, I've
downloaded http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-0.9.7f.tar.gz and
uncompressed it.

Then I've test both options (explained in INSTALL.W32), ./configure and
./Configure mingw. Both of them compile without problems doing 'make', then
I can create and pass the tests using 'make test' and after it I can install
using 'make install' (under /usr/local/ssl).

But, after this compilation I don't have "out32dll" or "out32" directories,
where it is supposed to find the DLLs to copy them to our final directory
like in these commands explained in INSTALL.W32:

$ md c:\openssl
$ md c:\openssl\bin
$ md c:\openssl\lib
$ md c:\openssl\include
$ md c:\openssl\include\openssl
$ copy /b inc32\openssl\*       c:\openssl\include\openssl
$ copy /b out32dll\ssleay32.lib c:\openssl\lib
$ copy /b out32dll\libeay32.lib c:\openssl\lib
$ copy /b out32dll\ssleay32.dll c:\openssl\bin
$ copy /b out32dll\libeay32.dll c:\openssl\bin
$ copy /b out32dll\openssl.exe  c:\openssl\bin

Why? Is this a problem of compiling OpenSSL under Cygwin? Do I need to
compile using another environment? (all the information I've found is
relative to using Visual C as the environment but I can't use it at this
moment).

Any idea?

Thank you very much!

--

o o o  Manel Rodero                   | LCFIB - UPC
o o o  Helpdesk Manager               | Campus Nord - Modul B6

       manel AT fib upc edu           | Tel: +00 34 93 401 6940
       http://www.fib.upc.edu/~manel  | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040