> We're currently using the following to read a key from disk and use it
> in our application:
>
> SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file(my_ssl_ctx_save,"./SSL/pubcert.pem",S
> SL_FILETYPE_PEM);
> SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file(my_ssl_ctx_save,"./SSL/privkey.pem",SS
> L_FILETYPE_PEM);
>
> This works, however, this method is extremely slow in our multi-threaded
> enviornment due to disk I/O.  I was wondering if there was an alternate
> function that would read the data in the file stored in memory, useable
> by a function similar to SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file(), so that the
> application will not slow down due to disk I/O.  I don't believe that
> this is possible with the current function because the file argument is
> of type const char *file.
>
> What about using an mmap()?
>
> I'm not a programmer, just an information whore, which is why I'm asking
> you guys if you've ever done anything like this, and how you overcame
> this problem.  Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated, and as
> I eat my lunch, I will think of you guys.

        You need to implement your own function similar to these that takes the
information from another source. Just follow the code of those functions.
All SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file does is read in the file, process it with
d2i_X509 or PEM_read_X509, and call SSL_CTX_use_certificate.

        It will take a programmer though. ;)

        DS