Hi All,

I am facing a problem in an application (a dll) created in MSVC which
links against static libeay32.lib and ssleay32.lib. Problem is that
when I use this application and openssl function is called, app
crashes.
But when I link this application against the dlls of openssl (using
the .libs which are created when we compile openssl with ntdll.mak) it
works fine.
What I have noticed is that when I link my application into the static
openssl libraries its size is much smaller than the size of the libs.
Linker pulls only that code form openssl libs which it thinks is being
used in the application (this perhaps is called dead code striping).
But I think there are certain methods which are used by the
application (perhaps indirectly) which linker does not include in the
resulting app, this results in a crash when app is executed. Or there
is some other reason?

In GCC on MacOSX we have a linker option "-all_load" which includes
all the code of a static library in the application. And hence the
size of the app is greater than the size of the libs put together.

Is my above understanding correct, or something else is wrong?
Has anyone else run into this problem?
How can I use openssl static libraries in an app developed in MSVC or
CodeWarrior so that I do not need to have openssl dlls on the machine?

Great thanks in advance,

Regards,
---
Qadeer Baig