Hello,

My platform is Mac OS X, but I don't think that really matters for the question I am asking.

It turns out that I need to pass a parameter to the linker that is neither a library name (-lname) nor a library path (-Lpath). The only way that I have found to do this is by using the optional flags string that can be appended to the os/compiler. However, when I tried that, all of the default information got thrown away and replaced by whatever I supply. I found that I needed to edit the configure file, find the internal string that it uses when I don't append the flags, then modify that string to add my required flag in the correct place.

My other option, of course, is to edit Makefile.org and add the linker flag of interest in there. I'd like to avoid editing the release files if possible, but it looks like I may not be able to avoid it.

Does anyone have a suggestion here? Is this the expected behavior? Is there some way to pass an arbitrary command line parameter to the linker and I just don't get it?

Thanks,
Rush