Check out the "openssl s_client" and "openssl s_server" command line tools. These will help you isolate which side might be causing the problem.

On Jul 8, 2005, at 9:15 AM, Ertel, Holger wrote:

Hi,

I’m a newbie in OpenSSL.

I wrote me a SSLClient and a SSLServer for testing OpenSSL under Window2K. I’m using winsockets.

My problem is, when I send the SSL Hello message to the server (with SSL_connect) I get an error (SSL_ERROR_SSL). The errorcode says me, that’s an protocol error. What is wrong on my code?