Nabil Ghadiali wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to generate a certificate to be used for Windows Smart Card Logon from my Internal Certificate Server. I know that I need the UPN in the otherName of the SubjectAltName extension. The OID for the UPN is 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.20.2.3.

My Certificate Server however will allow me only to provide this extension in the form of a base-64 encoded blob at the time of the certificate request. Can openssl be used to generate just this extension in this format?

should be possible using the "openssl asn1parse -genstr ..." option
(see manpage). Note: you need openssl >= 0.9.8 for this.

Nils