De: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] En nombre de David Templar
Enviado el: martes, 12 de julio de 2005 20:01
Para: openssl-users@openssl.org
Asunto: Re: 3rd time request... PLEASE help! Phone cert creation

Thanks, it does help a bit... could you tell me about the cryptoapi program?

But I will say that it is not a smartphone. It uses standard motorola software and its jce package.... All I really need to do is convert my standard certs to the motman.crt file I had attached. I have tried everything else - including using the windows sdk to create certificates. Importing certificates on motorola can only be done by manually placing the certificate in the x509 directory - hence the need to be able to generate a certificate that complies with the format.

The reason why I am posting here is because openssl (I have been using for many years) comes with cert creation abilities - it has helped me for many years with PC java!

Also, I was hoping I would be able to ask many crypto experts on the forum!

RGDS

David
Pablo J Royo wrote:

I suppose this is not the right forum to ask for Smartphone issues.

Anyway, here:

http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/crtimprt.html

may be you could find a way to do what you need , a little idea or maybe
something more.
He explains how to import a *personal* certificate and a CA certificate on a
PocketPC, running Windows Mobile 2003.
I have tryed the same on a Windows 2002 Smartphone and it doesn't work, but
I think it could work on windows Mobile 2003, becuse it worked in my
PocketPC PDA.
You could also try to use a little CryptoAPI program for that. Again ,I
suspect this is not the right forum  ;-).

Hope this helps