Probably not since the certificate has been signed by its issuer. Any changes would render the signature invalid.

On Jul 13, 2005, at 3:45 PM, David Templar wrote:

I am having a lot of problems importing a certificate made in openssl into a phone, but I can get a keytool certificate imported. The only thing is that I need to change the V1 cert (keytool only makes V1) to a V3 cert - can openssl modify a cert to a V3 (without changing anything else)?