On Sat, Aug 13, 2005, Chris Morrison wrote:

> Michael wrote:
>
> >Hi Chris,
> >
> >What type of keystores are you talking about here? (pkcs#12?)
> >

> It's a PKCS#7 store, I am trying to read the certificate store from a
> digitally signed ZIP file.
>
> I have done it with no probs in VC++ using Microsoft's CryptoAPI, you
> just read the data into a buffer, which you use to create a
> CRYPT_DATA_BLOB object that can be passed to the CertOpenStore() function.
>
> I cannot see how to do this in openSSL, assuming that it can be done.

Ah now that's a different thing entirely. CryptoAPI for its own reasons
decides to allow parsing of certificates only PKCS#7 data using its
certficate store functions.

OpenSSL instead allows PKCS#7 data to be converted to an internal structure
called "PKCS7" which contains the details of the parsed data.

If the relevant data is in memory d2i_PKCS7() will create the structure. From
then on you can follow the code which is called with the print_certs function
in apps/pkcs7.c.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.