Hello Ignacio,
 You can also use the installed libraries but make sure that your program uses them

# gmake install
#  gcc test.c -L<OpenSSL Install Directory/lib> -I<OpenSSL Install Directory/include> -lssl -lcrypto -lz -ldl

thanks,
Prakash

Ignacio Butler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
thank you, it worked!

but, why don't use the installed openssl library and i have to put the
source directory?

thanks
ignacio

--